Monday, December 15, 2008

10 Days - Are you Antsy yet?

It's 10 (ten) days until Christmas. Can you believe it? I can't and if we want to really think about it we have 16 days until the 1st of the New Year. I can't wait for that.

Okay but let's not shadow over my favorite day of the year - December 20th. Why you ask? Well its the shortest day of the year and the day after we start gathering our lost minutes back. Yeah! Of course we still have to struggle through the rest of the winter, but we will have minutes of daylight coming back to help us negotiate that path!

So this weekend we topped the state of MN's snowfall - a mere 15.5" of snow fell in two days. All the animals of the farm were tucked away in their stalls. Not seeing the misery outside, I did have a few ansty horses. But moreover, they didn't like the wind beating on the barn. So you would think they would be happy snuggled away in their stalls. Nope, they still complained to me of having to "Stay In" - Oh well.

I made a batch of fudge last night - YUM! And am thinking about a batch of divinity for good measure - we'll see.

On the front of the economy - I haven't found work yet, sounds like not until after the first of the year. We'll see. It's the holidays, not much moving right now. It's been 60 days since the last day I worked. I enjoy being home, no doubt. But - I also like working, using my God given talents to make some good in the world! So I am also getting antsy.

On a political note - Our outgoing president made travels to Iraq and at a press conference, was given the ultimate insult in Islamice/Muslim worlds - shoes thrown at him. Well we did press for freedoms in Iraq. That was a clear expression of their new found freedoms. What was puzzling was the lack of security around the president after the first shoe flew!

Our President elect has been busy, I am sure, but it has been quiet over the weekend.

Okay - and what is with the ILL Gov??? Holy bananas - can you believe the corruption in government, wait, yes I can. I hope we get this all cleared up soon. How embarrassing.

Well I need to hop onto other things.....

1 comment:

Boogie said...

Come on December 20th. That's the date that get's me through the fall.