Monday, December 8, 2008

Economic Boost?

Well the Big3 got a short stay, or did they? By not managing their biz, they will have a rider on their tail coats for a undetermined amount of time and guess who it is- BigBro. I have heard from my own local retailer of vehicles that they didn't switch gears fast enough because we, the american ppl couldn't curb our appetite for bigger and better. Well I will give them that. But if, as an analyst, I look to the future.... Okay folks here's a quick lesson for you, every company has an analytic department that is supposed to look to the next 1 year, 3 year, 5 year and 10 year, budgets and dedicate something to the new.....SO WHAT HAPPENED??? Didn't their Decision Support folks see an alternate line of automotives needed to come up in the ranks. OF COURSE THEY DID! Oh well I will get off my soap box now. But let me tell you, we just bit another $15B out of the $700B we set aside to help the mortgage desparados. I am not sneezing at this. Remember me - I have had no work for 8 weeks now. So this is a big big worry for me.

How is it we don't see the elephant in our own bedroom? It lurks and throws a big shadow. I know, I said before I didn't see it coming, but its here and we are on the brink of the abyss economically. What amazes me, is we are here and on the edge of the abyss and this is the second time in less than 100 years. Didn't we learn from the last time? hMMMMM! I know I am learning a hard few lessons here myself.

Okay on a lighter note - we had 6" of snow in the last 24 hours. It was horrbily cold this weekend so not much got out done or out. But today wasn't too bad if you were dressed right. So I was out most of the day with my family. I played with three of my kiddos today. They had fun, almost wiped out I don't know how many times and my youngest boy thought he was just the bomb! I laughed my butt off. But now one wiped out so no injuries - WHEW!

And now I better go sit with the kiddies that are overtaking my second bedroom - PPPPPROOOOOM!

1 comment:

Boogie said...

Your 'soap box' wasn't nearly big enough regarding the auto industry. They've been shipping vehicles overseas that get 40mpg (because that is the min. in Europe). Yet they only get 25mpg here. What the heck??? And don't give me the crapola about ppl not demanding higher mpg. They have been for years - they just never listened. Well I don't wanna listen now and I don't wanna bail them out. How's that? Super lucky for them that I'm not the one making THAT decision!