Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Busy Busy Busy

Gosh its been almost a week. I have had so much to do this week. I finally located my breeding calendar from 2008. You see one of my mares, a maiden mare, has already started bagging. I just couldn't think when, but I thought the end of March. I was right - March 24th or 25th. But she has half a bag already, so I am thinking we are heading for the first week of March.

Ooohh - Sugar is due in 5 weeks! Did I mentiont that already - although she has already started bagging, so I think she will go earlier. I have been working on the foaling stall. The electrical is pulled through and the box hooked up. I have the insulation for the walls and will be replacing wood because Cowboy and Smokie have been playing with it.

Okay moving on - Laptop was bred about the same time as Sugar, but she hasn't shown any signs yet. But then again, I checked this am, and by gosh I think I felt longer nipples!!!!! Can I say that on a blog? Will be the first miniature foal in 4 years, oh gosh!

Okay so Silhouette is due late April and I am super excited, she looks marvelous! And Carnation is last of the preggers, she comes in early May. She doesn't look like the boat she was last year when I picked her up, but I keep reminding myself, it is only Feb. and she isn't due until May. So that's 4 months yet.

I have started dreaming of the summer show plans. And it is so easy to be taken away - wait Calgon???? No Ponies! LOL!

Okay, I did 5 ponies last year at Congress. I only had Tulip clipped when I arrived. This year I will have everyone clipped before I go!!!! But I am thinking I can handle 7. I have to round up catch handlers for ASPR classes though as I have 3 girls that will be in the same class. Tulip, Lady and Mizzie (I will be double registering Mizzie).

Opal is going to be classic as usual.

I am trying to decide what to do with Cookie, classic or MP? Right now it is so hard to tell. She could do either.

Smokie will continue in MP, hopefully get his other 4 Grand Championships this year and then finish his points out for his HOF.

I would love to pull Cowboy out and show him this summer! If I had room and the boys all behaved, I would take Shiner too.

I need a bigger trailer! I could totally empty my barn out and take everyone that doesn't have a baby beside it! Wouldn't that be a summer!

Off to more dreaming!

2 comments:

Boogie said...

I was wondering where you've been!

I can't wait to see those babies this year. OK, I can't ever wait to see the babies... but it'll be fun that they are spread out a bit too. GO FILLY FAIRY!

muffntuf said...

Ahhh but that is a longer time to worry and get less sleep waiting on babies! LOL!

Secretly - yes go filly fairy!