Sunday, January 11, 2009

AAAAHHH Sunday

Today had its definite funny side. I watched an indie film called Into The West - it was filmed in Ireland with only one American actor in it. It was a story about a couple boys, the youngest, his mother died at his birth. The father and mother were from the Travellers clans, when the mother died, the father decided to take the boys into the cities and find work. Instead what he found was despair, pain, agony and the bottle. They lived in what they called the stacks. The two little boys left to their own devices most of the time. The mother's father, the grandfather, came and visited. Then he pulled his wagon to the edge of the city and taught the boys about the Traveller's way. He also weaved tales of fairies and their mother. Somewhere a white stallion showed up in the film (okay so I took a break somewhere in here) and the stallion's soul was actually that of the children's mother. A long story short, the stallion was stolen, but the boys got him back. Then they started heading west, they thought they would find cowboys and indians. Instead, they found the coast of Ireland and the stallion kept swimming into the sea. The boys father of course, found the boys there, but the stallion was lost, set free, etc., according to their beliefs.

Well here's where the interesting part was - while the stallion was set free, so too in my barn a stallion was setting himself free. Yeppers, Shiner finally figured out how to untie the three knots, that ties his stall. It's only taken him 3 years, one for each knot is what I figure. But right after the movie ended, I headed out to bring Smokie in and take Cowboy out. Well did I get a surprise! Of course Shiner looked like a deer in headlights when I opened the barn door!

The only damage done, the boys killed the fan that hangs on Cowboy's stall, but no one was hurt and Shiner let me catch him after a few minutes. I promptly put him back in his stall an scolded him. Of course a back scratching and a few kisses to remind him he was "MY PONY" and that seemed to settle him some. Then I let Arnold out a little later to go socialize. I figure he was on his way over to socialize, but he couldn't figure out how to get back to his stall. Oh well!

Cowboy was amazingly calm for all the huff and puff that went on. Usually when a boy gets loose its chaos for days. But I think my being home has helped a lot.

Okay so I cleaned stalls after bringing Smokie in. He was a little lost today. He kept coming up to the front of his stall wondering if I was going to tack him up. Nope its Sunday. I only wanted to clean stalls and putz with the kids today. And that's what we did. We putzed. Kids got extra hugs and kisses, butt rubs, back scratches, etc. And so that ended Sunday!

2 comments:

Boogie said...

Congratulations to Shiner - not as quick as his son...but he got there! hehehehe What a momma's boy he is.

muffntuf said...

Very much so. Poor baby, he was the only one that didn't get to go out today. I pulled ponies in at 2 pm. They were getting to much snow on their backs and that would have melted about the time they would start freezing!!!! So he is just going to have to ride it out.