Saturday, January 10, 2009

Friday - the morning after

I got a lot done yesterday, or maybe I didn't. I am still debating. But in any event, I didn't get to blog last night because I was tired when I came in.

I only was able to work with Smokie yesterday. I got him all tacked up and then did the left, right, and center - high and then took him for a walk with his tack on.

My trailer I haul poo in broke, that took a lot of time. The trailer was full and I dumped it 3 times before actually got it to the dumping grounds. So it took an hour to to the dumping grounds and come back. Thank God it was decent outside yesterday. Got it temporarily fixed. It is just a wagon that usually runs around a yard and lifts leaves. So not a heavy duty wagon, but for the money I paid, it works just fine. Has paid for itself over and over.

So, Tulip was looking for me all day yesterday and I didn't get to go out and spend time with the ponies. I need to find time in the next couple days as they most likely by the middle of the week, will be confined to the barn and their stalls. So! LOL!

I have to get blankets washed in the next two days as well. If it really does hit -25 and the windchills are worse, it could do damage to the babies. Ponies and horses for that matter, could loose up to 10% of their bodyweight in a small stretch of very cold weather. Doesn't matter if you grain them normally or up their grain. They are still dealing with the cold constantly, there is no break. They could have a hay bale in front of them 24 hours a day, but their bodies still have to deal with the cold. Last year, I only blanketed one stretch and it was a couple days where it was -25 below.

So for now, I best get going, lots to do today.

No comments: