Sunday, January 18, 2009

When will the wind quit?

It wasn't a bad morning, until the wind kicked it up again. I now have a driveway that is half drifted in. Oh well!

I did manage to take a couple loads of manure over to the pile, but the wind was still whipping around today. When will it quit? LOL!

Ponies were out today. It was a mixed bag day today. No real work done. I did try to get Tulip to cooperate to set up, but we were coming in from the pasture and not far from her feed pan. She had eyes only for it. I did manage a half way decent set up and told her I was proud of her for focusing long enough to get the job done!

Smokie is ready to go back to work. He won the crabcakes award for the day! What was funny was I specifically stopped what I was doing this afternoon to watch crabcakes speed around, buck and rear in his pasture. So I know it wasn't for lack of expelling energy!

Arnold, is my special lil guy. He's 20" and a dwarf. I finally freed him from his pen and turned him loose so he could frolick and play in the barn as he wanted. Man did he take off! He was so happy to run and buck, it was good to see.

Okay I am ready for winter to be over. Anyone else?

No comments: