Thursday, January 15, 2009

And more BRRRR!!!

Today is the 3 1/2 day the ponies have been in. And everyone has been patient and not crabby until this morning. Tulip has been just a jewel. But then it all broke loose. My other lovely filly - Opal started it. She decided she had to buck and kick and rear, so pretty much the whole barn did a big hick-up. I had to yell at everyone to settle down. I reminded them they were in for their own good this week. Patience, if nothing else - patience.

Let me tell you that is a hard lesson to convey, when I myself, am fed up with the cold! My patience is just about at its wits ends! But forge on I must, composure to keep, sanity is checked (or lack thereof).

So I took my young stallions only play toy away ( actually not a play toy, but the electrical cord that heats his sisters water buckets). Smokie keeps pulling it out of the wall socket if he doesn't think I am moving fast enough with the grain wagon. Unfortunately at $70 a pop, I can't really afford him to break it right now. Stinker. So I took it away, and do at feed times. In retaliation - he decided to break his water bucket holder. Oh Man! I could not believe it. I thought it was Cookie moving her grain bucket around. (I gave Cookie her grain bucket tonight as she was insistent on eating from it instead of her regular feed pan). But oh no, I come out of the door and there it is, water bucket on the ground! Sheesh!

One more 1/2 day of this - hopefully they can go out and run and buck and kick for awhile tomorrow!

So on a sad note - two of the kittens went home with a young couple tonight. They did not pick the manx kittens, they picked my Freddy and Charlie. I can only take comfort that they took both, so Charlie would not be lonesome. That is an answer to prayer. Boom Boom has a home, but will have to stay with me for another 2 months while he waits on being old enough to neuter and declaw. Jet on the other hand is a bit agressive, so I don't know what I am going to do. Maybe he will settle down now that there will be more time for him.

Well I need to run out to the barn (yes its now -17 below!) and check waters and give more hay out. So off I go. Tomorrow - please be above zero, even for a couple hours!

No comments: