Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Hold Your Breath!

That's all I have to say for -28 cold weather! Hold you breath as you walk out to the barn. I made rounds at 12:30 am last night, gave everyone a little hay checked water. I am glad I did. When I left the barn at 7pm - I missed plugging in 6 water buckets. They were thick with ice, but there was still water moving in them. So I plugged them in and put a bit more water over the ice so everything would melt. And so they did.

Everyone has been pretty good today about being in. When I went out to do chores tonight, Satin was loose, hadn't been loose for too long, only one pile of manure, a few bites out of an alfalfa hay bale and of course, she was teasing the boys! But the boys were behaving themselves. Satin walked right up to me and let me catch her. Put her back. Poor baby.

Lady has picked up in her eating needs, seems I am having a hard time filling her wooden leg. Will keep feeding her and hopefully get her filled up! LOL!

I stayed a few minutes extra, as I watered, I said a prayer for each member of my family...... My hopes, dreams and life are so intertwined with my ponies, my dog and my cats. Each one has made its way to my farm for a reason, I truly believe that. I pray they all come true.

3 comments:

Boogie said...

Good thing you made a double check last night. Best make that a regular event. Its so easy to get sidetracked with those silly kids.

muffntuf said...

I have been on the really cold nights. I have been checking about 10:30pm every night, but the past few I have been out more than once. Makes a nice long tired day the next day though! LOL!

Boogie said...

Yeah, especially when its this cold you end up being WIDE WIDE WIDE awake. At least when I'm up with kids I can sleep while rocking them! HA! And remaining warm is key.