Wednesday, January 21, 2009

BEAUTIFULL DAY!

Well it wasn't exactly 32 degrees out - but, it was warm enough today. I did it, got two more posts set in the frozen tundra ground. Okay I know they will have to be reset in the spring, but, for weanlings, it will do. I will have to permanently put the gates up tomorrow, but I did get them secured for the night and the babies are now in a big 10X16 stall, which later will be split in half and they each have their own stalls.

So everyone tonight was bratty - okay not everyone, but all the mares and fillies were brats. Sugar ducked through a gate and visited the boys. Someone ought to tell her she is already knocked up! Tulip got popped for almost knocking me over being flamboyant. Honey decided she didn't like her stall tonight and it took 3 times to get her completely inside the stall! Opal jumped all over the place like a little puppy dog - sheesh! I had my hands full. Don't know what was in the water today, but.....

I have one more stall to muck out. But I just got in, its 9pm - I am so tired! But it is a good day, despite the upset barn, because I moved ponies around (its like moving furniture on your husband when he isn't looking!), it seems everyone will be settled down shortly. Chores will be just a bit easier when everyone has their own stall. It will be dump and run! YIPPPEEE! No more babysitting!

Okay, gotta go rest the tired dogs.

No comments: