Tuesday, January 20, 2009

And just a big ole hello!

Just a big ole hello - seems my 2 year old Mizzie woke up today! She was all over the pasture - making her own headway, instead of trailering behind Tulip. She showed attitude, charisma and spunk! Came up to me all by her little lonesome without checking with the older mares and fillies. Just before I brought her in, she was tail swishing all the way across the pasture from one end to the other, a bright streak of bay and white! Tulip watch out!

Tulip on the other hand, did the most marvelous thing tonight when she came in. I tucked Mizzie into her stall and then asked Tulip to stand pretty, and by gosh, after two little shuffles with her hinnie - she stepped back, stepped up and held her head high, with only a touch on the lead! WHOOHOOOO Tulip! So, if you know me, I ask for the extra. I asked her to extend her nose to my palm, and after asking her to flatten her hips, she pressed for the gold! Another WHOOOOHOOO Tulip! What a pretty picture that will be in the ring. I couldn't contain myself - I jumped up and down and then hugged her. And to my atonishment - she let me drool all over her. Okay for a minute, then she, being the teenager that she is, was too embarrassed to have me hanging on her, she ducked and ran for her stall. Okay but I am still jumping for joy! I won't ask for a couple more nights, but if she will give this to me on queue, WOW!

Smokie was filled with fun and frolick today and he is begging to get back to training. I have two more stalls to muck out from last week yet, but I think the ponies feel it - warmer weather! Will have to pull out the rig and set him up.

Pregger mares were laying down in the sun on top of hay out in the pastures, it was great to see them relaxed.

My two babies are starting to ask for more attention. Lady is letting me pat her all over, and she backs up to me, just like her big sister and wants a butt scratch! It is too hilarious, I have three in the barn that live for the butt scratch. Cowboy dances while you scratch his itchies. Lady reaches for the heavens and Tulip just presses hard into the scratch. I need to get the cactus cloth out and start using that instead of my gloved hands. I go through so many pairs of gloves with these guys!

As I said, two more stalls to much out tomorrow and then things will hopefully go back to normal, things can resume. Ahhhhh.

5 comments:

Boogie said...

Mizzie woke up FINALLY. Go Tulip - you must've 'told' her what you wanted. Remember those plastic little hands they used to sell on sticks? Too bad the fingers don't go deeper - you could save a lot of gloves on your butt scratchers.

muffntuf said...

How about official pony butt scratchers? Anyone?

muffntuf said...

Oh and Tulip - I think it is in the genes - Mommy will set up with a look!

Boogie said...

I think you can easily market a pony butt scratcher!

Carnation will set up with a look? Wow - that is impressive. Keep working on Tulip - get here there baby!

muffntuf said...

Well if she knows I am unhappy the first thing she does is set up for me. But yeah she is easy to set up.