Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Well if it wasn't cold enough yet

We are headed for a worse night tonight. I got home after a quick run to a few stores at 6:15pm and the ponies were all upset and HUNNNGARY! So I quick fed them. All of them pretty much sucked their feed down. Hay was what they wanted next and they got it. It was cold in the barn today, a north wind was blowing.

Guess what - no training today. I even saw friends on forums who are usually training today, on the forums! Guess they couldn't get anything done today either.

I keep thinking it is Thursday and we are heading for a warm up, but it is only Wednesday - and we have on more cold cold day. All I can say is - BRRRR! I will be out giving extra hay again and waiting for that around 20 degrees eagerly this weekend!

UPDATE:
12:00am - I was just out to the barn and oh man, I had an extra layer on - Thank goodness! It was cold. I gave everyone double hay, even if they waste it and lay on it, its a bale well spent tonight. I even bedded my dogs bed down with 4 flakes under his sleeping bag and comforter. He has a man's vest on (cheaper than a dog coat, $4 at the thrift store), I turn it upside down so the buttons are on his back, he can't reach them. And he's left it on indicating he is happy with the arrangement. I gave him some extra dog food when I was out too.

I talked to the ponies and told them they had to stay in another day and night due to the weather. Tulip pawed the entire time I talked to them, but at least she wasn't stomping! It is wearing to be confined to an 8X14 stall for so many days. But man, they wouldn't stay warm outside. So far, I haven't blanketed anyone.

One other thing - everyone is drinking normally or a little more. I had to fill everyone's bucket up this last trip. If they weren't drinking I would be really worried. But Thank God, everything is going okay.

Wait until Sunday - it'll be a whole day of cleaning stalls! LOL!

2 comments:

Boogie said...

One more terribly nasty day to go. We're almost through...WAHOO!

muffntuf said...

Amen!